Saturday, September 24, 2005

1:11 pm - The Winds of Change - Focus on The Future...

For general distribution with credit to the author:
Sandy Penny, Houston, TX, sandy@writingmuse.com

It's just after noon on Saturday in Houston after Rita hit the Gulf Coast. As promised by my guides, I was spared the brunt of the storm. In fact, we had a worse storm than this a week or two ago which is normal for Houston. There was no lightning, some wind but not terrible, and the rain was intermittent. The sun is now coming out some, off and on. All is well.

But that's not why I'm posting this right now. The reason is that with 2.5 million people out of the Houston area right now, this is a great time to focus love and easy changes here. I can feel how clear the energy is with the people gone and the wind blowing through. It's wonderful, really.

It was explained by my guides that both these storms were born in Virgo, and that they were clearing old karma and revitalizing the Gulf Coast energy. Katrina was born in Virgo and delivered in Virgo. She was about clearing old patterns. Rita was born in Virgo but delivered in Libra. It is about restoring the balance and implementing change.

So much was learned in this process about our systems and ability to handle a crisis, and much of it needs big improvement. So much was restated about the good hearted people here and the help they offer each other in times of need. It really is a friendly, caring, open-hearted city. We hosted 250,000 refugees of Katrina from Lousiana, and we shared our resources with them and helped them have the time and space to make decisions about their future. Many of them are changing their lives for the better, and that's what this is about. Change for the better.

It is time for all of us to rethink our lives and ask ourselves the hard questions. Are we, as individuals, happy with what we're living and creating on this planet - in our own lives. We have to stop looking at the systems outside ourselves and ask if we're doing any better on a personal level than our systems are doing on a public level. Our systems are only a reflection of what we do and allow in our lives. If we give up and give our power to others, then we have no viable reason to complain about what they do. We have to take personal responsibility (response-ability) for ourselves and our friends and families, and then our systems will begin to reflect that. If we get caught in greed, our systems reflect greed. If we are stuck, our systems are stuck. Conversely, if we are loving and helpful, our systems can be loving and helpful. If we're angry, we get anger.

Take a good hard look at yourself and your life as you have lived it. If there is anything that you want to change or do differently, this is the time to do it. The free energy of change is available to us all right now. It's not just for the areas being hit by waves of change. This planet is a single unit, and we are all one with it and dependant on it. Don't get caught in victim consciousness or feeling powerless. We can make changes if we truly want to, and now is the time to make that commitment.

Ooooh, what a scary word, commitment. I recently complained that a friend of mine was unable to make a commitment, and doing my own process with why I was experiencing that, I found that there were important areas in which I have not made a commitment. For a while, I lost my trust and faith in Spirit providing for me. I took the reigns from Spirit and drove myself into the corporate world, trusting that it would take care of my day-to-day needs. And it did for a while, but then it fell off, my writing projects went away, and money got very tight. I felt squeezed by financial commitments, and I went deeper into the corporate world (which can be right for some people, just not for me).

On examining my life, I found that I am happiest, most fulfilled and most taken care of when I'm doing my spritual work. When I commit to it, it commits to me. So, I pulled my energy out of the corporate structure and placed it back into my spiritual path. That's when the Ozarks project showed up, and the vision of it was there all along, and it existed long before I made the connection with it. I was slowing down my own process. And Spirit does not judge the decision we make, so if we choose to ignore our guidance and commit to something else, Spirit lets us do that (except in extreme cases where we need to make a change for a particular reason instantly, and we're in resistance, then Spirit may move it for us, but not usually). We have to get in alignment with our highest and best good. We are like sailboats, we have to hoist our sales and place ourselves in the path of the wind to be carried along by Spirit. So, what is it that you need to commit to? What is it that brings your joy? Where is your passion? What have you hidden from yourself that needs to be expressed?

And, speaking of hiding, I recently judged a friend as hiding things from others, and doing my own process on it, realized that I was hiding my spiritual life from the general public. I have always known that I needed to go into a larger venue with the information I bring through from Spirit, but I have intentionally kept it small because I did not want to deal with judgement of the masses. I had a separate website for my business writing and my spiritual writing because I didn't want businesses to judge me due to my beliefs and not give me work. Now, I am committed to integrating my spiritual writing into my WritingMuse site, and creating a whole life for myself. Those who would judge my beliefs are not people I want to work with. And, it's probably more of a non-issue than I think. It's my own fear at work separating me from my wholeness and my joy and passion.

I want to call to your attention to the process I've been going through and always choose to go through. It's a process of spiritual analysis. If I am judging others, then I am seeing something in them that I don't like in myself. I may not know that or even want to know it at the time, but it is true, nonetheless. If I examine myself to look for that piece within me, I can heal it and move out of judgement, and the experience changes outside of me. When I change inside, my outside experience changes. It may take a while to reflect back appropriately, but it does change.

I would like all of you to focus positive energy on Houston and the surrounding areas that were more affected by the storm, and then to focus on the storm in your own life and see what changes you are being called to make, if any. Where are you being asked to amp up the energy for yourself? This is so great. The scenarios are abundant, wonderful, and so beautiful.

Claim your power and express it and share it with the world. It's time to go. It's time to take advantage of this window of opportunity to let the fresh air blow through your life and the whole world.

Peace, joy and gentle changes.

--sandy@writingmuse.com