Saturday, September 24, 2005

9:12 am - Sept. 24, 2005 - Good Morning from Houston

Good Morning from Houston. I slept through most of the bad weather last night. Nothing to report from my home. I still have power, and no tree limbs down, and all my windows and phone intact. There were some fires around town from power lines down, and that's a big problem for the fire department in this wind, but it's coming under control. We have had a good response team mostly. The evacuation was not a great thing, but 2.5 million people trying to exit the city en masse is a huge undertaking. I'm glad I decided to stay.

As my I-ching reading told me, I was spared the brunt of the storm as all of Houston was. Further east in Beaumont, TX, they were hit pretty hard, but from what I can tell, the storm dropped to a Category 2 when it hit land. So, it was much kinder to us than it was to New Orleans last time, and I think New Orleans got a lot of rain from the dirty side of this storm, so it will be in bad shape.

I am fine, feel completely blessed and supported by all of you, and I feel we did a great job of lessening the effects of this storm by focusing positive energy on the outcomes. Thanks for your help in that.

I'm still here, and all is well. Time for some coffee.

--sandy@writingmuse.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

I'm in Tyler and we're getting windy and rainy here. I'm glad to hear Houston is okay... I have family there. Nice to hear from a fellow Texan. Take care!

ambermum.blogspot.com

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home